Friday, January 9, 2015

Mama's veggie soup

It is officially soup weather! (It's also pajamas-all-day weather, but that's a different subject.)

Yesterday, to warm up the kitchen and my tummy, I made a big pot of Mama's vegetable soup. I call it that because my Mama makes it. There is probably not a recipe, more like a concept of how the soup will come together.

For this batch, I used


  • 1/2 pound of lean sirloin, chopped into small chunks
  • 5 red potatoes
  • 1 medium onion
  • 1 can of diced tomatoes
  • 1 bag of frozen mixed vegetables
  • 2 cups of homemade chicken stock (aka magic chicken juice)
  • Enough water to make it as soupy as you like, plus salt and pepper to taste.
Mamie approved of all ingredients, except the green beans, which she banished to the floor.

Posted by Anna B.

No comments:

Post a Comment