Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Farm fresh

Actual deliciousness on my actual kitchen counter.

Today was the first delivery of our winter vegetables from Scott Arbor, an organic farm in Seguin, TX. We've belonged to this CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) for about three years. It guarantees that we eat a lot of veggies, try new things, and feel glad that we don't have to grow this stuff ourselves.

Nick and I are also chocked full of vitamins this week because we got a new super-juicer. I have been pulverizing oranges, apples, pears, carrots, grapefruits, blueberries... ZOOM ZOOM!  Have you drawn a connection between all that beautiful veggie greenery and the new juicer yet?  Yes, I juiced up a very green concoction this afternoon, but I'm afraid to taste it so far.  I'm waiting for Nick to get home and taste it first.

1 comment:

  1. Drink it Anna! It's sure to be interesting anyway. I sure wish I could get all those foods and not have to grow it myself.
    We ate a farm fresh free ranging rooster last night which Hank neglected to remove the stinky crop organ from! It was foul; no pun intended.
    Lacey

    ReplyDelete